On the Power of Lies
Posted on my personal FaceBook page on 1/15/2021.
THE POWER OF LIES
People are often confused about the power of "truth" vs the power of "lies".
It is true that "truth" is not changed just because someone lies about it; but in a "battle of words" (along with any "evidence" that could have been potentially fabricated or altered), LIES OFTEN WIN.
Discussion or debate with a liar is like competing against someone who is willing to cheat to win. Would you willingly gamble your money (or your life and liberty) on a potentially dishonest interaction of any kind?
You may think that you can easily expose all of a liar's lies (assuming you know the truth); but never forget that lies are incredibly easy to create and incredible resource draining to prove to be lies. For this reason, the truth teller in such a situation is constantly consumed by the task of proving lies to be lies, rather than any other more constructive objectives.
Also, realize that if you participate in a discussion or debate in which integrity is missing, your participation alone may give unconscious people and non-critical thinkers an impression of validity where it does not belong.
Imagine what would happen if any of our government employees were dishonest. It would be devastating. And it is.
For these reasons, please encourage everyone you know to:
1) Only believe claims that are appropriately backed by solid evidence and/or solid testimony offered by people with high integrity and proper qualifications. Yes, this often means living with much uncertainty (such is life), but it is far better to live with uncertainty than to accept and build upon potentially false information. Make no mistake: propaganda is an extremely serious life and liberty threatening problem in our world; especially now!
2) Walk away from any discussion or debate the moment you realize that integrity is missing. This is often not as easy as it sounds; especially if you are an influencer, leader, or public servant. Just remember, your own integrity is your best asset; DON'T EVER COMPROMISE IT AND THE REST OF US WILL KNOW WHO TO BELIEVE!
3) If you are not already, become a person of high integrity and surround yourself only with people who also have high integrity. This is the most important thing we can do to protect our selves and each other from oppression!
4) Know that most people mistake belief for knowledge; and they mistake knowledge for power. TRY THIS INSTEAD: Intelligence is power. Knowledge is leverage that will not break. False knowledge is extremely dangerous leverage that will, eventually, break. If you work with false knowledge, you are a danger to us all.
5) Beware of the LIE MAKERS. Most people, being hypnotized, are merely LIE DISTRIBUTERS AND DEFENDERS. Obviously, they are innocent; but, unfortunately, they are also extremely effective. You should protect yourself from such people until they awaken from their trance; then, embrace them with all you've got!
It is critical to our life and liberty that you start thinking for yourself and treating others as you would like to be treated - even if you feel that you are not receiving the same treatment.
It is my deepest hope that we can unite in our mutual valuation of life, liberty, and love. It is extremely important to protect ourselves and each other from oppression in any form.
I believe personal integrity is the answer. Find out why at: www.SolitarySolidarity.org
PLEASE SHARE THIS POST :-)