A Letter to All Haters and Bullies
Posted on my personal FaceBook page on 1/13/2021.
TO ANYONE WHO PARTICIPATES IN THE "MOB MENTALITY" BULLYING AND BELITTLING of others (especially via stereotypical damnation, including that of "Trump Supporters" which includes 75,000,000+ people in the USA alone):
The fact that "everybody is doing it" DOES NOT MAGICALLY REMOVE THE CONSEQUENCES of such behavior. The natural results of such behavior are impossible to fully catalog; but even a few moments of serious consideration should provide you with enough reason to stop participating in such destructive behavior.
Here are a few considerations to get you started:
1) When you bully and belittle others (especially stereotypically), you might not actually be operating from a 100% accurate assessment of truth. Inaccuracy is far more common than most realize. I urge you to be slightly less confident when judging others. Also, be careful not to judge the many by the actions of a few. Let each person be accountable for their own actions.
2) Even if you are convinced of your superior self-righteousness and, therefore, feel justified and rightly entitled to bully and belittle; you are literally attacking a real person (or persons) and an important part of our human family. Do you really want to harm others? Or is there another, more constructive, outcome that you might prefer to invest your hatred and rage in?
3) Some targets can handle aggressive psychic/psychological attacks better than others; but all will be affected on some level.
4) Some targets may become withdrawn and harm themselves. Suicides are more common than most realize. I see many people say they actually want such others to eliminate themselves. Really? Again, consider investing in other, more constructive, outcomes.
5) Other targets may become aggressive and harm others. This is natural human behavior. If you are bullying and belittling such people, you are a partial cause of their actions. This cannot be overstated. Abuse leads to abuse - whether of self or others.
6) Consider that in a very real way, we are all part of one global family; and we affect each other deeply. Everyone is important. Even those you disagree with. Even those who are genuinely delusional.
7) Finally, remember, there will always be those who are dumber than you and smarter than you; more cruel than you and more kind than you; less healthy than you and more healthy than you. Don't let your "herd" give you a false sense of certainty, superiority, and self-righteousness. Question media (all forms). Question your "herd". Question your self.
It is critical to our life and liberty that you start thinking for yourself and treating others as you would like to be treated - even if you feel that you are not receiving the same treatment.
It is my deepest hope that we can unite in our mutual valuation of life, liberty, and love. It is extremely important to protect ourselves and each other from oppression in any form.
I believe personal integrity is the answer. Find out why at: www.SolitarySolidarity.org
PLEASE SHARE THIS POST :-)